Let's Make Music Together
This program is designed in response to educators’ desires for greater hands-on participation by students. It is a 2 part program designed in 2 forty-five minute - 1 hour segments. Segment I is a duplicate of the percussive Format C listed under Program I. Segment 2 is devised as an instrument building workshop in which we take common household materials to build very simple percussion instruments, one per student, and use these instruments to play simple songs or rhythmical exercises.
- Program Length: 1 1/2 - 2 hours, with an optional break between segments.
- Program Capacity: Up to 60 students, with a minimum of one staff member per class in attendance required in segment 2. 120 students, if add'l segment 2.**
- Program Cost: $--- for one program; $--- for each additional full program in the same setting. $--- for additional Segment 2's, to keep this portion down in participant size, can allow more in segment 1.** ---(Contact us for current costs)
- Materials Cost: ---/ up, per child, dependent on instruments we build, unless student provides materials (common household items can be used.) Cost of materials and program length may vary with more complicated instruments, suitable for older students.*
- Program Recommendation: Grades K-5; arrangements may be made for more complex instruments for older students.* (Also, we have an excellent program building gourd rattles, great for grades 4-8, cost $----/add'l / student.)